Search This Blog

Sunday, August 07, 2011

8-7-11 Christ In Me Galatians 2:11-21

Christ Lives In Me
Galatians 2:11-21

There is a Need to be Focused on Christ.
Proverbs 15:14 (NIV) The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.

Paul is Sure of his Emphasis on preaching Jesus. Galatians 2:11-21
The Aspects to Paul’s Confronting a “Super Apostle”:
Peter’s Deviation (vs. 11-13)
1. The Clash (v. 11)
2. The Cause (v. 12)
3. The Consequence (v. 13)

Paul’s Doctrine (vs. 14-21)
1. His Reaction (vv. 14-15a)
2. His Statement (vv 15-16)
3. His Defense (vv. 17-21)

The Believer’s Response.
* Have I been saved by the grace of God?
* Am I trying to mix Law and Grace?
* Am I rejoicing in the fact I am justified by faith in Christ?
* Am I walking in the liberty of grace?
* Am I willing to tell the truth of the Gospel?
* Am I living daily according to the truth of the Gospel?

“Faith is only as good as its object. The person in the jungle bows before an idol of stone and trusts it to help him, but he receives no help. If faith is not directed at the right object, it will accomplish nothing. The big question is, ‘in whom do you believe?’”

No comments: